Below are some golf tips we’ve put together to help your Myrtle Beach golf trip go smoothly:
- Respect your accommodation’s rules and regulations.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time.
- Call the golf course if you are running late and let them know of your circumstances. The golf course may be able to move other groups ahead in schedule and arrange a later tee time for your group.
- All area golf courses have a no show policy: you will forfeit your money if you don’t show up for your tee time.
- Proper dress is required: NO tank tops, short-shorts or blue jeans. Shirts should be collared.
- Wear soft spikes.
- Ice coolers are NOT normally allowed. Some golf courses will provide you coolers when you purchase your favorite beverage. Ask the pro shop when you arrive.
- Carts are required at all area golf courses. Walking is severely limited.
- The majority of golf courses do not allow fivesomes. If your group is not a foursome, the golf course may put other golfers with you. When Myrtle Beach Golfmasters books a tee time, the golf courses will want to know the makeup of the group. Most golf courses will try to pair ladies or couples together.
- Crossover Double Tee: A large majority of area golf courses use this system. It means that more golfers will get to play each day. Tee times start near daylight (7 – 7:30 am) and end around 9:30 am. Golfers will start off on #1 and #10 tees, play 9 holes, and then cross over to the next nine. There are NO Tee Times from 9:30 – 12 noon at these golf courses. Tee times then resume at 12 noon – 2 pm.
- Frost Delay: We do experience this problem several times a year and may delay your starting time. IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED FOR A SECOND ROUND in the PM, call the golf course and let them know – in all probability, the second golf course also had a frost delay as well. Refunds are NOT normally allowed due to frost delays.
- Rain Checks: If the golf course closes due to inclement weather, they’ll probably offer you a rain check. You must go to the golf course to get your rain check.
- Replays: Myrtle Beach Golfmasters can book a guaranteed replay for your group. If you want to take a chance on booking your own replay, ask in the pro shop upon your arrival.
- Bag and Cart Personnel: Most Bag and Cart Personnel receive minimum wage from the golf course and rely on your “tips”. Please, be generous with the golf course personnel.
- Please observe local rules and golf etiquette at all times – avoid slow play and enjoy your round of golf.